Saturday, March 24, 2012

ALL NATURALLE

Hey Naturalistas... I am going to post a few pics of some FIERCE updos...I know that it's prom season & you young ladies may be wanting some ideas on what to do with your hair..& Wedding season is right around the corner as well. I need you guys to help me pick out a hair style for a wedding that I am going to be in on Aug 25....Also, I will be giving a few natural hair tips for all the divas that are transitioning from relaxed to natural..LET'S GO!!




 Isn't this beautiful...I really dig the color,subtle,but BOLD..yet it's elegant very JAZZY CHIC!!









I like this one too...especially the pattern in the front..FIERCE!!!







                              
                                This one is kute too...what y'all think?






This is a nice flat twist up do 






I really like the big braid in the front







LOVE IT!!!!






This one is simple,but elegant!






Gorgeous!!






HAUTE!!






 This is one of my favs,but I would not be able to stand someone braiding my hair that small lol





Ok CHICas...let's talk about transitioning. 1st of all..let me say...CONGRATULATIONS to all of you that have decided to stop putting chemicals in your hair!! I know how difficult change can be, but I am here to help you along the way. I know that you are thinking...ok..I'm not getting my hair relaxed anymore, so now what? lol...My question to you is...What do you want to do? Do you want to do a BIG CHOP & cut the remaining relaxer out or would you like to transition slowly?

 I know people that decided to BIG CHOP, but turned around & put a texturizer in their hair...ummmm no!! That makes no sense at all...You cut 1 chemical out just to put another 1 in...Natural means NO chemicals, & yes that includes texturizers. Why would you put a texturizer on textured hair?

Personally, I transitioned by wearing Senegalese twists & sew-ins..or sometimes i would wear a TWIST OUT or BRAID OUT...a TWIST OUT is when you 2 strand twist the hair all over & then unravel it. This look adds texture to the still relaxed hair. A BRAID OUT is basically the same thing except instead of twisting the hair, you braid it.



Senegalese twists








I ended up getting a hair cut that took the remaining relaxer out along with my shoulder length hair...



 I took it a step further & went even shorter!!



 It looks relaxed, but it's not, I would get Dominican blowouts, but I noticed that my hair was a little heat damaged so I stopped. Rocked a few sew-ins here & there or Senegalese twists... All of this occurred in 2008. So by 2011...no one had seen my hair straight..& I was curious to see how much it had grown...so July 3, 2011...I went to get it straightened & trimmed...














 I must admit...I was shocked...in 3 yrs my hair had grown tremendously & I did not go to a salon the last 2 yrs...I did it all by myself.....& so can you.....hair is just like anything else that you grow...It needs food...& it has a personality...don't believe me?...It will show you...Example, try putting a product on your hair that it doesn't like & see what happens...lol , it does what it wants & you MUST get to know YOUR hair...you should know YOUR hair better than anyone else...After all...it's YOURS!!



I only use organic products on my hair...I'm a NO POO girl...I CO-WASH once a week...I know that you are thinking...Tipp..what the hell is NO POO & CO WASH? NO POO means that I DO NOT wash my hair with shampoo...I CO-WASH...I only use conditioner to wash my hair....If I have used a lot of products on my hair during the week..I may use a SULFATE FREE shampoo or a shampoo that only contains NATURAL sulfates...such as SALON RED OR RUSK SENSORIES...Then I do a apple cider vinegar scalp treatment...by mixing 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water...pour it over the hair after washing it with shampoo...the apple cider vinegar will clarify the hair & lift any residue from the products & shampoo that you've used...it will also bring the hair's PH balance back to normal



This is what I use,but you can use any brand..just make sure that it's ORGANIC & that it says "Apple cider vinegar with the mother" on the label.




After the vinegar rinse... condition it as usual...Do not use the apple cider vinegar more than twice a month,because it will cause your hair to dry out. Like I've said before, I add EVOO or organic honey to my conditioner, some times I may substitute the EVOO with Shea Butter or other natural oils...when you de-tangle your hair..make sure you use a wide tooth comb or denman brush...& the hair should be wet & saturated in conditioner to provide a better slip for combing or brushing...Always comb/brush from the bottom up...If you have thick hair like me...it may be wise to wash/co-wash & detangle the hair in sections...it can be a little overwhelming trying to fight all of those thick curls at the same time...trust me....you won't win lol...

Denman Brush


I will come back later today to give you more tips....until next time...
1love,
 Miss Tipp


No comments:

Post a Comment